Note From Laur: Hey guys. I’m writing today about a project I’m working on that I am deeply passionate about and truly believe in. I’d like to introduce to you my way of being the change: A 50 Mile Walk: For Tomorrow’s World Changers.
I’ve created a way to take one of my greatest passions – travel and exploring the world, greatest cares – making sure the kids of today believe in themselves to improve tomorrow greatest beliefs – that anyone can take their talents and interests and and turn them into a way to change the world for the better.
I’m going to walk 50 Miles in 2 Days between May 25th & 26th along Florida’s Atlantic coastline in support of DonorsChoose.org, an amazing nonprofit that let’s you and I fulfill teacher’s requests to fund specific classroom projects at schools in need, be it a set of To Kill a Mockingbird books for a class of sophomores in LA or a computer to start a school newspaper for a classroom in the Bronx.
You know how there’s those kids out there whose schools just don’t have the kind of funding they need to really teach kids to be all they can be? Their classrooms don’t have books or libraries, they don’t have the materials to start programs like a leadership group, they don’t have basic instruments to have an orchestra, they don’t have a computer in the classroom to type their essays (or blog posts!).
I WANT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. I WANT TO CREATE CHANGE.
So, I thought of a way to help.
A 50 Mile Walk: FOR TOMORROW’S WORLD CHANGERS
My goal is to raise at least $1,000 not only to fund these classroom projects but also to show these kids -tomorrow’s world changers- that simply with passion and big thinking, they can do whatever they set their mind to.
To help me reach that goal, I’m asking for your help: simply choose whatever amount is within your means and sponsor a certain amount per mile walked.
I’m starting off with $200 of my own. I am confident that we’ll go over $1,000–because our Mad to Live community is so awesome! Whether you want to sponsor $1.00 per mile for a total of $50.00, or $0.10 a mile for a total of $5.00 – every bit helps!
These kids are going to be the ones that will be changing the world for us tomorrow. They’ll be the ones making sure it’s a better and better place. Let’s give them the tools, resources, and inspiration they need to realize that they can do that.
YOUR SUPPORT WON’T GO UNNOTICED
After the funds are raised between today and the completion of the walk on the May 25th I’ll be donating 100% to specific projects on DonorsChoose. I encourage you to check out their site and see just how it works. We’ll know exactly which teacher, which kids, which class, which school, which project our efforts will go to.
Not only will these classrooms get what they need, but the teachers and their kids will know it’s coming from us. Once DonorsChoose.org sends the classrooms the materials that our donations will have funded, the teachers will send us photos and hand-written thank you notes from the students.
They’ll know that these things came from us, and that carries even more weight…it shows these kids not only that people care, but that they themselves can create a project, reach out to those that share their passions, get support, and help someone in need. Let’s Lead By Example. It’s a chance to show them that no matter who they are or where they’re from, they can inspire others to make the world a better place, and be the person they’re meant to be.
IT’S UP TO US NOW:
And so here I am, staying true to the very things I speak about on this blog on living a wild, crazy, meaningful life. Here I am, calling on you guys, the people in this world that are doing the same thing in so many amazing ways, and inviting you to join me on this passion project.
Let’s really make something happen for these kids. Let’s be leaders so they can be leaders. Let’s make the world a better place.
I thank you – those of you living an inspired and inspiring life – for reading, sharing, and helping.
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT:
- CONTRIBUTE: Remember, every little bit counts! Let’s show these kids we believe in them by giving them the classroom experience they deserve. Simply use the PayPal button below.
- SHARE THIS POST: Please share this with your friends and family as well as social circle by tweeting this out, sharing it on FB, Stumbling it, etc.
- SUBSCRIBE: Subscribe to the Mad To Live to stay updated on the event… I have a few surprises coming, and some big plans for events day of.
- YOUR OWN WAY: A big thanks to Mars Dorian for creating the custom graphic for this event, GoodSigns.org for their support and helping to put together a kick-off charity dinner, and those of you featuring this event on your blogs! If there’s a way you can use your own passion and talent to help, get in touch, and let’s keep the cycle going!
CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT TOMORROW’S WORLD CHANGERS!
And remember, every bit helps! Whether it’s $5, $10, $25 or beyond, it means the world!
RUNNING TALLY OF FUNDS RAISED
- Lauren Rains
- Carole R
- Andrew Caldwell: (@Andrew_C)
- Laura Armstrong
- Dave Ursillo: (DaveUrsillo.com)
- Matt Kimberley (matthewkimberley.com)
- Jen Fromal (TheSmashedPlanet)
- Liu Bin
- Thrive Industries
Shannyn Allan (FrugalBeautiful.com)
- Laurie Sutton (WatersEdgeCreative.com)
- David Cottington
- Mark Powers (powerspercussion.com)
- Nancy Kantor
- Brian Kennedy
- Jossie Mcmanus
- Lisa Forst
- Mars Dorian (MarsDorian.com)
- Ginny Whitaker
- Nora Kennedy
- Kyle Russel
- Jamie Wallace (SuddenlyMarketing.com)
…. THANK YOU!
TOTAL: $1150 SO FAR!!!!!!
- November 2017 Creation Carnival: Essence of Divine Masculine and Feminine - October 23, 2017
- Enter The Rabbit Hole: The Holographic Universe (Parts 1-5) - October 22, 2017
- Leaving Plato’s Cave: Saying Goodbye To The Ones Who Aren’t Ready Yet - October 4, 2017