Should all else fail, or simply as another outlet, the cure for sadness is to learn something new. On top of that, a foundation for happiness is to learn a skill until it actually means something to you. Learning new skills, hobbies, or trades to the point where they mean something to us can never be exhausted, never be regretted.
You do this by getting to a new point in your [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][enter skill here] where you no longer have to think about what you’re doing, and you can simply be as you go about doing it. The wheels of your mind are turning, but you aren’t having to force it. You are watching yourself take whatever steps need be done in order for the process to unfold, yet it feels natural and easy rather than that uncertain and odd feeling you had when you first began.
Many of us never let ourselves get to this point in learning a new skill. We either, A.) hit that first beginner’s hump and we never push through it, or B.) we plateau at a novice level we’re comfortable with and let it fizzle out.
- Learn to play an instrument to the point where you can enjoy the magic, flow, and collaboration of playing with others.
- Learn to draw or paint to the point you have your own style and it serves as an outlet of expression.
- Learn to do yoga to the point where you feel strong and empowered through your practice.
- Learn to speak a new language to the point where you can have a meaningful conversation with someone.
You do not need to become an expert. You do not need to put in 10,000 hours to finally be great. You really just need to put in 20% more effort and you’ll reap 80% more benefits, including the enjoyment of not just the fruit of your labor, but the labor itself.
It’s worth it. Learn a new skill until it means something to you.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]
- Ground Rules of Discussion, Investigation, and Information Gathering - November 22, 2017
- November 2017 Creation Carnival: Essence of Divine Masculine and Feminine - October 23, 2017
- Enter The Rabbit Hole: The Holographic Universe (Parts 1-5) - October 22, 2017