Intro: I listen to Podcasts frequently in order to feed my curiosity, spark ideas, and get out of my head for a bit by focusing on something else. Typically, I take notes throughout Podcasts on ideas, projects, people, and anecdotes I want to investigate further, or that really resonated with me. These are my collection of notes.
PODCAST: TED Radio Hour: Shifting Time
- Why I Loved this one: I have an obsession, fascination, curiosity with “TIME”. Time in the present moment. Time on earth. Why we are here? What does it mean to be alive during the time we are alive in? Why does time sometimes move fast, and other times it moves so slow? How do we change over time? How do we manager our time? TIME is HUGE!
- 1 Second a Day App [view here]: “For over 3 years, I’ve been recording 1 second every day, so I’ll never forget another day ever again. This project has had such a profoundly positive impact on my life, that I’ve passionately developed an App that will make it extraordinarily easy for anyone to do this too.” – Cesar Kurlyama. 1 Second Every Day helps stitch the moments of your life into a single video, by capturing a second of footage everyday.
- The 4AM Mystery [view here]: Rives has a contagious obsession with 4 a.m. At TED2007, the poet shared what was then a minor fixation with a time that kept popping up everywhere. He then started the Museum of 4AM – an ongoing curation of what’shappening around the world, at 4AM. The aim of the 4amproject is to gather a collection of photos from around the world at the magical time of 4am.
- Question: Did time exist before the Big Bang? Answer: We DO NOT KNOW.
- Book: From Eternity to Here [view here]: The quest for the ultimate theory of time. Author Sean Carroll argues that the arrow of time, pointing resolutely from the past to the future, owes its existence to conditions beforethe Big Bang itself—a period modern cosmology of which Einstein never dreamed.
PODCAST: The Mindful Creative: Dominate Your Day with Jeff Sanders
- General Topic: Discussion on methods, processes and tips, as well as mindset shifts, to empower you to dominate your day from start to finish.
- 90 Minute Blog Posts: Jeff gives himself a strict 90 minute container to start and finish a blog post. This is extremely helpful in avoiding being a perfectionist and creates a system to actually complete a post, rather than always having it in draft mode.
- I want to make a difference in the world. - January 11, 2017
- 4 Alan Watts *Chillstep* Mixes To Ground, Compel, Inspire, and Reveal - January 10, 2017
- Library of Favorite Guided Meditations - January 4, 2017