[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][special_font size=”36″ unit=”px” ]The Life List of Lauren Rains[/special_font]
An Introduction to the Ultimate Bucket List:
This bucket list will always and forever be growing, changing and evolving. I have divided it up into the main categories of my life that are most important to me, and then broken down each page into that which I’ve accomplished so far, that which is in the near future, and that which I’ll get to soon enough!
I’m a “Doer”. The hours are few and far between that you’ll catch me sitting around staring at the tube – life is too short, and I’ve got places to be, things to do and people to meet. And so do you for that matter! And with that said, feel free to join me on any of the bullet points of the list below, be it meeting me for a week during the Camino de Santiago through Spain or partnering on a Dont Just Watch Project or Microadventure![/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_old_tabs tab1=”Entrepreneurship” tab2=”Adventure” tab3=”World Travel” tab4=”Contributing” tab5=”As a Person” tab6=”Just Random”] [fusion_old_tab id=”tab1″] Since day one I’ve had an entrepreneurial spirit. Lemonade stands, House painting businesses, a babysitting monopoly on my neighborhood. I’ve always loved entrepreneurship and the many facets of it that requires success and growth! I’m a serial entrepreneur with an addiction to passion projects, and here’s a look at to where I want it to take me:
- CREATE A BUSINESS THAT BRIDGES THE GAP BETWEEN MY LOVE FOR ADVENTURE & TRVEL AND MY ENTREPRENEURIAL MENTALITY
- Outdoor Minded Mag – presenting stories, interviews, art, opinions and more from the Outdoor Community in love with human-powered sports and both protecting/enjoying the outdoors.
- Through the online magazine launch a monthly “online-print” magazine available for purchase on sites like issuu.
- Partner with companies and organizations that share a common character to create video series, contests & giveaways, benefits, etc.
- Receive a Webby Award | Be Nominated-Win the Best of Green Award for our initiatives
- Create a Public Service Announcement series of the same caliber and quality as Surfrider Foundation
- START A WEB & eBOOK DESIGN COMPANY FOR ULTIMATE PASSION PROJECT & LOCATION INDEPENDENCE
- Grow/Expand my Web Design / Social Media Consulting company Wild World Creative focusing on working with clients in the travel industry (both bloggers & companies), entrepreneurs & startups, and nonprofits.
- SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Step 1: Launch a video series on The Mad to Live of “presentations”
- Speak at a TEDx Event | World Domination Summit | BlogWorld | SXSW | HOW Interactive Design Conference | BlogHer | and more!
- PUBLISH MY FIRST BOOK
- Write a book surrounded by the topics I wrote about on The Mad to Live that features not just anecdotes and information, but interviews, real-life-case studies, call to actions. Something that is truly inspiring and not just a bunch of words on paper.
- CREATE A LIBRARY OF SELF-AUTHORED & COLLABORATIVE BOOKS/PROGRAMS OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY
- With vision to make them as respected and amazing at CG’s of Art of Nonconformity eBooks
- Have one of them listed on an Only72 Sale | AppSumo sale
- JOIN 1% FOR THE PLANET
- ADD COMPONENT TO MY ENDEAVORS THAT FOCUSES ON SPREADING AWARENESS FOR CAUSES
- Outdoor Minded Mag: Environmental Awareness
- The Mad To Live: Children’s Education
- START A PODCAST INTERVIEWING GOOD PEOPLE DOING BIG & AMAZING THINGS
- This is part of my way to turn the virtual world of blogging into something more “real”. I want to connect with more amazing people, learn from them, and also share their wisdom as well. It’s contagious!
- START MY OWN LONGBOARD SKATE COMPANY:
- Craft and design eco-friendly longboards with a classic, vintage look. Not sure the name yet, but I’ve started researching how to do it. This is a couple years away, but it’ll happen!
[special_font size=”22″ unit=”px” ]My Inspiration:[/special_font] Growing up, my best friend spoke English, French, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese because his parents brought him on their travels around the world. I’d go over to their house and point at all the amazing decorations from around the world and ask them to tell me stories about where they came from. Everything about travel as a lifestyle sparks my fire, from the beautiful places to the language barriers to the different types of cute boys! This list particular part of my bucket list is never ending, but here’s a good start. [special_font size=”22″ unit=”px” ]Where I’ve Been So Far:[/special_font] INTERNATIONAL: Argentina (5 months) | Brazil | Mexico | France (summer) | England | Monaco | China (1 year) | Indonesia | Vietnam | Thailand | Japan | Malaysia | Singapore | Hong Kong
US: New Jersey (born and raised!), Colorado (currently living in Boulder, CO) New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia (4 years – college at Virginia Tech), South Carolina, D.C., Florida (1 year – lived 2 blocks from the beach in Saint Augustine Beach), California, Nevada, Minnesota, Ohio, South Dekota, Wyoming, Utah, Vermont, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Arizona, Hawaii[special_font size=”22″ unit=”px” ]Near and Distant Future Travel Plans:[/special_font]
DEFINITE THIS YEAR:
- Kayak the circumference of Manhattan (USA) – Summer 2013
- SUP Across Lake Tahoe at its widest point (USA) – Spring 2013
- Complete the Camino de Santiago (Europe – Spain) – Fall 2013
DONE + IN THE WORKS IN MY LIFE:
- Road Trip across the US from NY to CA
- Have a sexy, romantic love affair with a beautiful latino man in South America (Don’t we all?)
- Live in a Foreign Country:
Beijing, China| Buenos Aires, Argentina| French Riviera – Valbonne, France
- Visit Ushuai in Patagonia, Argentina
Iguazu Falls, Argentina / Brazil– One of the Most Amazing Things I’ve Ever Seen – They don’t call it La Gargnta del Diablo for nothing (devil’s throat)
- Visit Every Continent:
North America| South America| Europe| Asia| Australia | Antarctica | Africa
- Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain
- Dance my ass off to Techno music at Ibiza, club hopping with my best friend since 6th grade Adrien (guy mentioned above)
- US – Hike the Grand Canyon,
Wine Tasting in Napa Valley, Camping at Yellowstone National Park, Walk Across Brooklyn Bridge at Night, Drive through Mojave Desert,
- China –
Trek Tiger Leaping Gorge(9/15/10), Start an Outdoor Hiking Club in Beijing, visit the Amazing Stone Forest, Terracotta Warriorsin Xi’an, Take an 24 hour train, Bamboo Boat Rafting in Guilin, Eat a Scorpion at Beijing Night Market,
- Brazil – Attend Carnival,
Get to Top of Cristo el Redentor Hot Air Balloon at Sunset over the Desert
- Kayak the Geirangerfjord (Norway) (Western Europe)
- Explore Veitnam’s Hang son Doong Cave (Vietnam) (SEA)
- Swin the Skradinski Buk Pool (Coatia) (Eastern Europe)
- Hitachi Seaside Park (Japan) (Asia)
- Bike Ecuador’s Volcanoes (Ecuador) (South America)
- Explore the Scottish Highlands Fairytale Forest (Scotland) (Western Europe)
- Motorcycle the remote Dunes of Peru (Peru) (South America)
- Swim in the Ik-Kil Cenote (Mexico) (Central America)
- Mountain Bike the Rain Forest (Brazil) (South America)
- Dive the underWater Hiking Trail of Gruner See (Austria) (Eastern Europe)
- Walk under the Wisteria Tunnel (Japan) (Asia)
- Run Down a Sand Dune (Sahara Desert) (Africa) – (Colorado)
- Run on Cable Beach, Australia (Australia)
- Snorkel Tectonic Plates of Shilpa (Iceland)
- Spend a night like a Mountaineer (insert mountain)
- Tree Camp in Elk, California (Califronia) (USA)
- Explore Krubera Cave – Georgia
- Camp Next to an active Volcano
- Kayak the Valdez Glacier Ice Caves – (Alaska) (USA)
- Explore Antelope Canyon (Arizona) (USA)
- Explore Austral Canyon (Australia)
- Explore Crystal Cave of Naica (Mexico) (Central America)
- Sit on the Edge of Edges – Trolltunga (Norway) (Western Europe)
- Snowmobile the Norway – Sweden Border (Western Europe)
- Skate Venice Beach at Sunset (California) (USA)
- Kayak Bay of Fundy (Canada)
- SUP La Fortuna Waterfall (Costa Rica) (Central America)
- Hike the towns of Italy’s Mediterranean Coast (Italy) (Western Europe)
- Complete the Camino de Santiago (Spain) (Western Europe)
- Kayak the Islands of Scotland (Scotland) (Western Europe)
- AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON
I’M A LUCKY LADY – A HEALTHY BODY, MIND, FAMILY AND UPBRINGING. I HAVE A LOT OF OPPORTUNITIES OUT THERE, WHERE THE ONLY BARRIER THAT STOPS ME IS REALLY ONLY MYSELF. FOR OTHERS, THEIR BARRIERS ARE MUCH MORE CHALLENGING. AND IN MY OPINION, ITS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY, NO MATTER WHAT THEIR UPBRINGING, TO CONTRIBUTE TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE. NOBODY CAN DO EVERYTHING, BUT EVERYBODY CAN DO SOMETHING.
IN THE NEAR & DISTANT FUTURE:
- COMPLETE THE COMPLAINT FREE WORLD CHALLENGE
- Check it out here: A Complaint Free World.org I use it as a tool to remind me everyday that I can choose my words and my outlook
- DON’T JUST WATCH PROJECTS
- Turn one of my next microadventures into a charity event. (i.e. – Kayaking around the circumference of manhattan to raise money for a World Water Day initiative)
- Take on a leadership role in a committee putting on an event for charity (i.e. Relay For Life, etc)
- Volunteer for at least 1 week helping to rebuild after a natural disaster
- THINKING BIG
- Give 1 year of my life to service, making my volunteer role my full time job. (i.e. a leadership role after a natural disaster, or volunteering in a developing nation of Africa)
DONE SO FAR:
- VOLUNTEER ON A REGULAR BASIS
- Volunteered twice a week at a facility for severely disabled mentally and physically challenged adults.
- DON’T JUST WATCH PROJECTS
- Create initiatives that combine my passions, resources, and the causes I want to focus on
- The Cigarette Mile
- 50 Mile Walk for Tomorrow’s World Changers
- Contributor to the Surfrider Foundation’s 3 Second Film
- #Adventure4Good Campaign through Outdoor Minded Mag & BEYONDgear
- Create initiatives that combine my passions, resources, and the causes I want to focus on
LIFE IN GENERAL:
- “Move With Love”
- This simply means to be kind, be sincere, be authentic. To listen, and to offer a helping hand. To be there for those in need, be it a best friend or a stranger. This simply means, to be a good person not for the sake of myself, but for the sake of others.
- TAKE ONE PHOTO A DAY FOR A YEAR:
- What is life but a collection of memories? Imagine 1, 10, 50 years from now getting to look back on these memories day-by-day.
- LEARN TO PLAY THE PIANO:
- Mostly classical music but also some piano rock songs as well.
- LEARN CLASSICAL / FLAMENCO GUITAR:
- Right now I have Fer Elise under my belt, but I’ve got a long way to go!
- TAKE SINGING LESSONS:
- I play guitar and would love to write & sing my own songs, but I wasn’t born with a singing voice all! I do know it is possible to find that specific set of notes whose range we can sing in.
- SEW MY OWN SKIRTS:
- Learn to sew basic cotton skirts perfect for the summer in all sorts of colors.
- PAINT REPLICAS OF MY FAVORITE PAINTINGS
- There are certain paintings I could look at forever. I want to recreate them with a bit of my own personal touch
My Replica: Picasso’s: My Replica:
- ATTEND ANTHONY ROBIN’S DATE WITH DESTINY SEMINAR:
- When I was a teenager my parents were huge into Tony. I went to UPW for free, and camped around Hawaii for 10 days with a bunch of kids from around the world whose parents were attending his Life Mastery seminar. Tony is the man, and attending this seminar would be ultimate inspiration. A true circle.
- BUILD MY OWN DESK:
- 7.6.11: From scratch with a few pieces of wood to an actual beautiful, well-crafted desk. I ended up with a beautiful desk which I stained the top, work-station area a blue and white washed the legs of the desk.
- PLAY GUITAR IN A COVER BAND:
- I want to play songs from The Boss, the 80s and 90s, cool renditions of pop songs, etc at lively bars. Just a fun thing to do. (start learning more songs!)